Translate

Sunday 28 July 2013

Squirrel's Song

     This morning, while preparing class materials for a Shamanic Soul Retrieval training, I heard a new sound coming in the window next to me from outside.  "Happy sounding bird" I thought.  Turns out it was not a bird.  I noticed that the sound was not stopping so I paid more attention to it.  Then I realized it was not a bird but a squirrel.
***

     At first I felt a little silly for not recognizing it as a squirrel right away.  Then I thought to myself "That is the first squirrel I have have heard this summer", and continued to ponder if there was a message in this never ending chirping.  "I will check it out later" I thought.  Well!  The chattering went into overdrive!  It was is if he was saying "Not later! NOW".  I responded "Okay! Okay!  I get the message!" as I opened a new Google tab to research squirrel.  And no sooner had I done that and the chirping stopped.

     Pretty much ALL of the attributes of Squirrel apply so it was hard to tell which one was the message.  Perhaps it was all of them?  I scoured the page looking for the attribute to jump out at me.  A couple of them did, finally.

     Since I was working at the time, the one that seemed to scream the loudest at me was to be sure to play as well.  I am very much a workaholic.  I love the work I do, and it hardly seems like work the majority of the time. I would spend every waking moment working if I could, and when I can, I do.  I realize that is not always a good thing.  I need to take some time for myself, which I rarely do.  so tonight, I will relax and curl up with a good book...on Shamanic Dreaming.......

Thank you Squirrel for reminding me to not work so much!!

In gratitude,
Angela Jeffreys
https://www.facebook.com/AngelaJeffreysTeacherHealer

Copyright Angela Jeffreys 2013

**Photo source unknown. It is not my intent to not properly credit the photographer.  If this is your photo and you have proof, I would be more than happy to credit you.**

  

No comments:

Post a Comment